Monday, January 2, 2012

Meike MK-7D Battery Grip for Canon 7D

I have to admit I was a little hesitant to purchase a 3rd party battery grip, but after reading all of these great reviews on Adorama's website I took the plunge. The grip is made of plastic and in my opinion well constructed, the ergonomics are nice and really makes the Canon 7D a complete camera. Very easy installation. Switching to the portrait position is a breeze and I do not have to have my hand in front of my forehead to take a shot. The grip allows my hands to stay in a natural shooing position. There is also a slot built into the battery grip where you can store the battery door from the Canon 7D so you do not loose it when you have the grip installed. I have had the battery grip for over a year now and it has been extremely reliable. I have never owned the OEM Canon grip but I can not see it being that much better for a $100 difference. I use the Canon E1 handstrap with this grip which I love an will do a review on soon. Here are some product photos I took to show off the grip from every angle. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment