Monday, December 19, 2011

Review: Manfrotto 498 Ball Head

I have been using this ball head coupled with the Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod and what a duo (I will be reviewing the tripod legs soon). The 498 Ball Head with the RC2 quick release plate is so versatile its amazing. You can set the drag knob so you can fine tune the position of the head exactly where you want it. The ball head moves into portrait orientation very quickly although an L bracket would be much more suited going from landscape to portrait orientation whit out have to recompose the shot. The ball head is very easy to use with only 3 knobs to worry with it has a single repositionable locking lever for 360° panoramic rotation, ±90° tilt movements, plus a friction control for precise positioning. I am very impressed with the operation of the ball head especially given its price. 


Picture of Manfrotto 498 Ball Head was taken by me personally. All rights reserved for my own personal use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment